How Can I Reduce My Fuel Consumption
You may be aware from searching on our tyre site or looking at the tyres on your vehicle but alot of vehicles are now fitted with Energy Saving qualities. On average 1 full tank of fuel in 5 is used to overcome rolling resistance. If correctly chosen and maintained the tyre can play a significant part in reducing fuel consumption, emissions and greenhouse gases.
Below are 10 tips that can help you reduce fuel consumption from your vehicle.
- Check your tyre pressures. Under inflated tyres increase fuel consumption
- Drive smoothly at reasonable speeds, avoiding hard braking and acceleration
- Where conditions allow, keep your engine revs low as possible
- Look as far ahead as possible in order to anticipate traffic conditions. This will help you maintain a constant speed
- Use air conditioning sparingly
- Keep windows closed at high speed. Opening just one window while driving on the motorway can increase fuel consumption
- Consider turning off the engine when the car is at standstill and safe to do so, such as at a railway crossing, or long traffic jam.
- Drive light. Extra weight increases fuel consumption and polluting emissions.
- Remove unused roof racks and luggage carriers that create aerodynamic drag.
- Limit the use of plug-in electrical appliances. They consume energy and therefore fuel.
Enter your registration
What our customers think
“I thought the staff to be very professional and polite and their knowledge of the job in hand to be top line.”
“Very pleased with service”